So, let's cut to the chase! The list is categorised into Clothing, Hygiene, Tools, Medication, Essentials and lastly Food.
- Qty 7, one per day to last you a whole week. Some people bring 14 so they'll nv have to wash during confinement.. You can also flip it inside out. jkjk LOL~
- For use in the bunk.
3. Tights/Compression shorts
- Qty 1, To use during road marches. prevents abrasion between your thighs. From what I heard, some companies do not allow it.
4. Velcro belts
- Qty 1, The standard issue belts are the ones with the plastic buckle, many NFS complained that the buckle is a pain in the ass when exercising the prone position. You can get a velcro belt from beach road.
5. Hangers & Pegs
- Qty 10, I heard that you won't get much time to wash. You'll be washing all your clothes in one go, 10 should suffice.
6. Washing powder
Good to keep things organized. Have a little pouch for your toiletries! So much easier, just grab and go!
I prefer compact portable packaging.
1. Shampoo, soap, facial soap
3. Nail clipper
4. Tooth brush and paste
5. Febreeze, fabric freshener
- Tens of thousands of people have slept on that bed and drooled on that pillow!
6. Toilet paper
- 2 rolls issued won't be enough!
7. Snake powder
- Useful prevention for hong kong feet! Many people contracted foot fungus during NS due to wearing those boots for prolonged periods.
8. Wet wipes
- This will make your life easier for camo removal!
1. Alarm clock/Watch
- In the army punctuality is very important! Heck, it's important everywhere! Alarm to wake you up!! Get it at Qoo10
- Get a cheap casio wrist watch, it'll surely be damaged they say~
- My Alarm clock have multiple functions though, it also serves as a radio and portable speaker! Some entertainment for NS. haha.
3. AA batteries
- Qty 4, To power my music entertainment and also the issued torch light.
4. S clips
- My brother told me that these clips are useful for attaching stuffs to your vest.. pouches, tools ect.
- Just in case I needa fire.. Cooking in the jungle maybe?
6. Pen and notebook
- Might need to note down useful information.
7. Swimming goggles
- There will be swimming lesson/s.
8. Portable phone charger/extra batteries
- Some say can, others say cannot. I'm just gonna bring it anyway. Worse come to worse, just get my parents to bring it home. I still have my extra battries. BTW, xiaomi's portable battery is awesome! It charges my GS4 within 2hours from flat to full and was able to do that for 4 times before I have to recharge!!! It holds a whopping 10400mAh and only cost $18.99 SGD! get it from xiaomi!
My personal first-aid kit
Well, I dont wanna risk missing out on important/interesting exercise due to small issues like sore throat or cough...
*If you're really sick beyond self medicating, please seek a medical officer!
1. Charcoal pill/Baojiwan
- Might just makan some "dirty" food~
2. Tiger Balm
- For the anticipated mosquito bites! Also good for runni nose!
3. Insect repellent
4. Antiseptic/Anti-inflammatory cream
- Minor cuts and scratches!
6. Muscle rub
- All that exercise will surely strain your muscles! I prefer the thai muscle rub used by Thai boxers! Can be bought at Golden Mile Complex.
7. Panadol cold/fever
- When you know you're getting flu~
8. Strepsils/Herbal honey
- To heal your throat from all that shouting.
9. Vitamins/Pokari sweat isotonic sachet(just mix w water)
- They say prevention is better than cure!~
1. Identity card NRIC
- Don't be the fella to search for it in camp!;)
2. $5 worth of change in 20cents
- For use of washing machine. Some company have it, some company doesn't. See if you're lucky~
- There's a mart in Tekong where you can buy stuffs, also have enough $ to cab home after the initial confinement~
- This is my number 1 priority! Gotta stay connected to the world!
Generally dried food will be accepted, I heard that some companies will not allow instant drinks like milo or holick.
I have not bought any food yet but I guess imma just go with some energy bars, candy, and potato chips...